- Cook pasta according to package instructions to al dente in heavy salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- In a pan over medium heat pour in the olive oil, butter, and garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add ¼ cup of the pasta water, some freshly ground black pepper, and lemon juice.
- Add the cooked pasta to the lemon sauce and toss to coat.
- Mix in the parsley and add in lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
*You have extra pasta water to use if necessary. It will prevent the pasta to get all sticky.
*Also using a good drizzle of olive oil and more freshly ground black pepper to plate will enhance this dish.