- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl or large -liquid- measuring cup add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; mix it with manual whisker, or beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes (batter will be thin).
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
* To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup
** I use decaffeinated coffee. 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee plus 1 cup water