- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil, grease with spray, oil, or butter, and set aside.
- Unwrap the puff pastry and place it on a clean surface. -If needed- dust some flour. (I’ve never needed extra).
- Place the jam in the center of the puff pastry, and on top place the round of brie. Fold the corners over the brie, forming a neat package. Use your hand to gently press the edges against the brie and neaten up the sides.
- Place the wrapped brie, seam down, to the baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry all over with the beaten egg yolk. Be sure to get the sides and around the folds.
- Bake until the pastry is deep golden-brown, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Set aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. This gives the hot cheese time to firm up a little.
- Transfer the brie to a serving plate.
- Arrange sliced baguette, or crackers, or pear, or apple slices around the brie and serve while warm.