- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; stir rice into boiling water, salt, cloves, cinnamon stick. Reduce heat to low and cover, simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Add whole milk and orange peel, cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk and continue to cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Beat the egg yolk together with the port in a bowl.
- Remove the rice pudding pan from heat and pour in the egg mixture, mixing thoroughly. Set aside to cool, covering with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Serve into dessert glasses and dust with cinnamon.