- Butter a baking dish 9×13’, preheat oven 350 F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar for about 5 minutes. Until light, pale and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, 1/3 cup milk, and flour mixture. Until incorporated.
- In another bowl beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until forming soft peaks.
- When form peaks are done add sugar and beat until glossy and stiff peaks.
- Gently fold whipped egg whites into the yolks and flour batter.
- Poor the batter into the baking dish, smooth/level the top. And into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine milks: evaporated, condensed, and heavy cream
- When the cake comes out the oven allow it to cool down completely.
- Once the cake is cool poke it all over with a fork.
- Pour the combined milks on top and let the cake soak it all in.
- Make whipping cream by beating heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Spread it on top of the Tres Leches and enjoy!
Note: You could garnish it with berries, cinnamon, cocoa powder, pineapple, coconut, caramel. Be creative!