- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until medium brown, add ají amarillo paste, cumin, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and the diced potatoes. Let it cook halfway.
- Incorporate seafood in the following order: First the mussels and clams, for about 3-5 minutes. Then the shrimp for 1 minute, scallops, and calamari for one more minute.
- Stir in lime juice, and mint.
- Taste for seasoning, turn off the heat and serve with white-garlicky-fluffy rice.
Note: If using mussels: wash them very well. It is very important to discard the ones that did not open.