- Soak the lentils for about 1 hour.
- Preheat a pot. Fry the sausages until golden brown.
- Add the onion and sauté until it is soft and translucent. About 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about one minute.
- Incorporate tomato sauce, garlic, cumin, and oregano.
- Add the drained raw lentils to the sauté with 3 cups of water, and boil for 30 minutes.
- When the lentils turn soft and tender, verify salt. At the end add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Note: *You can use this recipe of lentils as a side dish or enjoy them by itself.