- Preheat oven to 200 F degrees. Grease a cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the dough attachment, add the water, sugar, and yeast to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes or until it becomes foamy.
- Add in flour, salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix until the dough begins to pull away from the sides and forms a sticky ball. If it is not pulling from the sides add a bit more flour (a tablespoon at a time).
- Lightly flour your hands and form the dough into a ball. Place in the skillet and spread to cover the entire skillet. Dimple the dough with your fingertips.
- Turn off the oven and place the skillet in the oven for 40 minutes to rise.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400 F degrees.
- Meanwhile combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, and rosemary.
- Brush the mixture on top of the bread. Using your fingertips make indents over the top of the dough.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt
-When the focaccia bread comes out of the oven, I drizzle with even more olive oil, sea salt, and fresh rosemary.