- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Clean, wash and pat dry the Swiss Chard.
- Remove the stalks and chop them small –
- Roll up the leaves and chop them roughly so they are not too large.
- In a preheated deep sauté pan – add olive oil and butter to sauté the chopped onions, stalks and garlic for some minutes until onions are translucent.
- Then add the chard leaves, cumin, nutmeg, and cook until wilted for a couple of minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and milk with a hand beater, season lightly with salt, pepper, and mustard powder. Incorporate the cheeses and mix.
- Toss in the sauté of Swiss Chard and onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and then lower the temperature to 300 F until the top is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let it stand for at least 20-30 minutes before serving.