- Drain the liquid from the Tofu* and “press” the extra liquid out by wrapping it in paper towel or a clean dish towel.
- Cut the Tofu into even cubes. I like mine bite size.
- Preheat the oil in a medium pot up to 360 – 380 F.
- Beat your egg with salt, pepper, and Chinese five spice powder.
- Add the cubed Tofu to a large bowl, then use a spatula to gently toss it with the seasoned egg, seasoned until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch over the tofu tossing occasionally to evenly coat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the tofu in batches (if necessary) into the pan. And fry until lightly golden brown. About 3 minutes.
- Transfer into a wire rack and enjoy it warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
* Try to get the tofu as dry as possible to get better results and to avoid splattering.