1) Scored skin crisscrossed
2) Rub salt on skin about 2 Tablespoons.
3) Rub salt, pepper and cumin on the flesh
4) Over a cookie sheet place a cooling rack, place the pork belly. Put it uncovered into the refrigerator overnight (it could be 24 hours)
5) Preheat oven 425F.
6) With Paper towel pat dry the skin. Make sure there’s not any wetness.
7) Put your pork belly over a rack skin side up in the oven for 30 minutes.
8) After 30 minutes lower the temperature to 355F and roast for one hour.
9) Time to prep the vegetables! Peel garlic, cut the onions and carrots in one inch rounds, and celery four inches longwise. Set aside.
10) When the timer rings remove the pork belly from oven, carefully with some thongs place it on a platter or cutting board.
11) Remove the cooling rack. We don’t need it anymore
12) In the same cookie sheet. Make a bed of veggies. Carefully, with the help of your thongs place the pork belly on top of it.
13) Put it back in the oven for one more hour.
14) After one hour broil it for 15 minutes.
15) Take it out of the oven and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
16) This is the time that we’ve all been waiting for! Cut it and enjoy the most crunchy, juicy, out of this world pork belly!
Note: I’m very into onions, I loved it with a good onion salad with lime juice, yellow Peruvian peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper or as we call it: Sarza criolla.