Preparation for the caramel:
1. Place a heavy skillet or saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
2. Add the sugar and with the back of a wooden spoon move it occasionally until sugar is completely melted, and has reached a medium amber color.
3. Pour the caramel on your selected baking dish (I used a 9″ round pan). Set aside.
Preparation for the cream:
1. With a manual beater mix all the milk, vanilla, and sugar.
2. Incorporate the yolks and eggs and mix gently until the mix looks even.
3. With the help of a strainer run it through about 7 times.
4. Pour the mix into your previously caramel pan. And cover with aluminum paper.
5. Place it in a bain-marie and bake in a 350F oven for 30 minutes. The water should come about halfway up the pan
6. Cool down for 30 minutes outside the oven. Cover and take it into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until the next day
7. When cool, run a knife around the border and turn it over a plate.