- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat; sear the beef pieces until they are golden brown. Reserve.
- In a pot sauté the onions until translucent. Add the aji amarillo paste, aji Colorado and garlic; stir and let them cook for one minute.
- Put the cilantro in the blender and process with half cup water. Reserve.
- Pour half of the cilantro mix into the sautéed onions, and add the seared short rib pieces. The cilantro is going to get a dark green color. Pour the beer and simmer over medium-low heat for 3 – 4 hours with the lid on. Check eventually and add beef broth if necessary.
- When the meat is fork tender add the green peas; cook uncovered until the peas are tender.
- The stew is ready! Time to add the other half of the blended cilantro, stir, and serve.
Note: Serve with rice and if desire with Peruvian beans. Enjoy!