- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Brush both sides of each baguette slice with olive oil.
- Place the slices on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 3 minutes, turn, and bake an additional 3 minutes or until both sides are golden brown. Allow the slices to cool.
- Fill a small saucepan with cold water to cover the eggs. Turn on your burner on high and set your timer for 13 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, drain, and immediately cool the eggs with cold running water.
- Peel the eggs and finely chop.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustards, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the egg mixture onto each toast slice.
Use a skillet and add a bit of olive oil and cook one slice of Prosciutto at a time. Cook on medium high heat and flip a few times to ensure even cooking. Let cool on a paper towel. Repeat until all are cooked.
BASIL PESTO SAUCE
- 2 C. Fresh basil leaves, packed tightly
- ½ C. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/3 C. Pine nuts, toasted
- ½ C. Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, smashed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Use a food processor to make this sauce. Simply add the basil leaves, parmesan cheese, pine nuts and garlic cloves. Pulse for 10 seconds and then slowly pour the olive oil into the mixture while food processor is on. Continue to pulse until the mixture is smooth. Taste and then season with salt and pepper. Place into an airtight container immediately so the bright green color remains. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread a layer of pesto (about 1 teaspoon) on each piece of toast.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the egg salad onto each toast over the pesto.
- Top it with crumbled crispy prosciutto
- Sprinkle chopped fresh basil