- The day before preparing the stew, roast the “Papa-seca” over low heat for a few minutes without adding any oil, and let it cool.
- Transfer the papa-seca to a large bowl, cover it with double its volume in cold water and leave to soak overnight at room temperature.
- The day of preparing the stew, sear the diced chicken and pork in a pot over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until soften. Incorporate red and yellow pepper pastes and garlic and cook for about three minutes. Add cumin salt and pepper.
- Place the spice sachet in the middle of the pot. S
- Strain the papa-seca and add along with the chicken stock, leaving it to simmer for 40 minutes to one hour over a low heat without the lid, stirring every 5 to 10 minutes.
- After an hour or so (or when the papa-seca is fully cooked), add the chocolate, Port, and peanuts. Mix everything and taste if it needs more salt and add it if necessary.
- Serve hot with either boiled yuca (cassava) or white fluffy garlicky rice.