- In a blender place pitted black olives and 1/4 cup of boiling water. Pure and reserve.
- In a deep-frying pan, or pot, over medium heat, add oil and start frying the bacon for about three minutes.
- Add the onion and sauté for about three minutes, followed by the garlic for an additional minute. Incorporate half of the nuts and rice to combine.
- Add olives puree and broth. Integrate it. Taste salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover with a lid, and simmer undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Let it rest covered for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Note: If using raisins add them on step number 4