- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet (with rim) with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cut each bacon strip in half so you have 20 pieces.
- Place goat cheese in a plastic bag with the tip cut off the end. Gently pipe in the goat cheese into each date so that it’s full but not overflowing. (If you prefer, you can use a small teaspoon to fill the dates with the cheese).
- Wrap each stuffed date with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake with toothpicks upright for about 10 minutes. Flip bacon on its side and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take out, brush with maple syrup, and serve warm.