- Dry chicken with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Place oil in a pot over medium heat and fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Using the same pot, sauté onion, garlic and yellow pepper paste, and stir for 5 minutes.
- Blend cilantro with water and pour it into the pot.
- Add beer, chicken broth and squash. Bring it to a boil, cover and lower the heat until the squash is cooked.
- Incorporate the rice, and vegetables. Bring it to a boil and place the previously seared chicken on top of the rice. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes and then fluff it with a fork.
- Serve a generous amount of rice and place a piece of chicken on top of this bed. Garnish it with onion relish -Sarza criolla*- and a small portion of potato slices topped with Huancaina Sauce**.