- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Remove puff pastry from the freezer and thaw according to instructions while making the apple filling.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add diced apples and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Continue to simmer 3 minutes until apples are soft and caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the first sheet of thawed pastry to an 11″ square. With a pizza cutter, or knife, cut into 4 equal-sized squares. Place cooled apple mixture over half of each square, leaving at least a 1/2″ border.
- Beat 1 egg with one tablespoon of water. Brush egg wash lightly on edges of the pastry to seal, bring the edges together and press tightly along the edges with a fork to seal. Repeat the process with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, keeping them at least 1″ apart. With a paring knife, cut 2-3 small slits on the top of each turnover. Brush the tops with egg wash and bake 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Stir together powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream and drizzle glaze over warm turnovers.