- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the brown sugar and butter on medium-high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until well mixed.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, chipotle, cloves, salt and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream, whiskey, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- With the mixer on medium speed, add the dry mixture and sour cream mixture to the butter mixture in three additions, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the diced apples, grated apples, and pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake until the cake is golden brown, and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out dry – about 60 minutes – start checking at 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, then run a paring knife around the sides of the pan to release the cake.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup whiskey in a saucepan on low heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to simmer.
- Let simmer 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Cool slightly and brush on all surfaces of the warm cake.