- Pour milks into a heavy bottom saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly with a rubber spatula for 30 minutes. Don’t stop stirring or the milk will stick to the bottom and burn.
- Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature, refrigerate covered.
- In a food processor place, all the ingredients and run it for about two minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a clean working surface and knead it for one minute. Wrap it in plastic, and let it rest for at eats 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove your dough from the refrigerator and with your hands make it pliable like a “playdough”, forming a thick disc.
- Lightly dust your clean working surface with flour.
- With the help of a rolling ping stretch your dough to 1/8’ of thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter of 1’ diameter and start transferring your cut discs into a clean cookie sheet. No parchment, nor silicon pad is required.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Just until the edges start to turn golden.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before touching them.
- With the help of a pastry bag fill them like a sandwich with manjarblanco.
- When your alfajores are all filled dust them with sifted powdered sugar and enjoy!
*Manjarblanco is our amazing Peruvian thick “caramel” or “dulce de leche”.