- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat, sear the beef pieces until they are golden brown.
- Put the cilantro in the blender and process with one cup water. Reserve.
- Add the onions, garlic and aji amarillo paste to the saucepan; stir and let them cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Pour half of the cilantro mix and add the short rib pieces. The cilantro is going to get a dark green color. Pour the beer and 6 cups of water and simmer over medium-low heat for 2 hours with the lid on. Check constantly and add water if necessary.
- When the meat is fork tender, add the green peas; cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until the peas are tender.
The stew is ready! Time to add the other half of the blended cilantro, stir, and cover for 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice and beans.