“Conchitas a la Parmesana” or Parmesan Scallops
This Peruvian entreé is quick and easy to prepare.
- 12 medium scallops, in half shell
- 12 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP of butter
- 12 drops of worchestire sauce
- 1 TBSP sea salt
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Clean and rinse the shells and the scallops.
- Place one scallop per shell and season with a pinch of ground nutmeg, salt, a drop of the worchestire sauce, and sprinkle grated parmesan over the top.
- Add a small slice of butter on top of each scallop and a couple of drops of olive oil. Bake 8 minutes at a high temperature until the cheese turns a golden brown color.
Serve immediately garnished with a lemon wedge for squeezing, and a glass of your favorite chilled white wine.